Here are some resources to get you started understanding and teaching digital identity:
- iAm Collection - This curated collection is full of resources for helping you and your students understand how to take control of their digital identities especially with social media.
- Controlling your digital identity is as easy as 1-2-3 - This post offers three easy steps to looking for how they are perceived online and start creating their digital footprint.
- 10 Things Your Students Should Know About Their Digital Footprints - 10 things that students should keep in mind as they engage in online communities and social media.
- Digital Citizenship Poster for Middle and High School Classrooms - A great infographic to help older students evaluate what photos to post online.
- Social Media: In and Out of the Classroom - This iBook is about using social media in the classroom with students and addresses topics like netiquette (Internet etiquette), setting boundaries, and privacy.