Sunday, January 22, 2012

Countdown to the Classroom

Image by LizMarie_AK

Next week I will be entering a third grade classroom to begin my student teaching. While I'm a little nervous, I am excited to take everything that I have learned and put it into practice in the field. I have learned so theories, ideas and best practices in my classes and through my PLN, which I greatly value, but without testing it for myself I cannot evaluate the reality of implementing them in the classroom.

More importantly, I want my student teaching experience to be a connected one where other student teachers and I share our experiences with each other instead of feeling separated and isolated. I see student teaching as a learning experience about my own teaching but also to expand my classroom ideas from the succeses and failures of my peers. I would also love to hear suggestions from veteran teachers who have likely been where I've been or gave me ideas I might not thought of. I believe and practice connected learning and I believe that it should apply to teaching and classroom practices as well.

Over the next couple of weeks I will do my best to share my journey of learning here and welcome comments, ideas and feedback!

No comments:

Post a Comment